- 1 pound bow tie pasta*
- 2 1/2cups kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pignoli nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs flat parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pasta water
*Do not add any salt to pasta water or the sauce, as the olives are already salted.
Cook pasta according to package directions. In the meantime, in a food processor, add 2 cups of the olives, pignoli nuts, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, black pepper, cheese, the olive oil, and process all until smooth.
When the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, then drain it. Put the pasta back in the same pan, and add all the ingredients from the food processor. Add about half of the pasta water, and gently stir to make sure the pasta and sauce are well combined. Add a little more water if it seems too thick, and stir. Transfer it to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining olives, a few pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, some coarsely chopped parsley, a good sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper, and a good drizzle of olive oil. Serve at once.
Serves 4 to 6.
If you would like to order Clelia’s cookbook online, click on the link below:
If you would like a signed copy and free shipping and handling, send an email to: